February 02, 2005

should I stay or should I go

I've had a quick look at the bare bones of Blogger now and am not convinced that I can spare any more time to write 'out loud' as it were. As usual, I'm aware I need to read. Last night I chewed up more than half of Hanif Kureishi's 2001 novel, Gabriel's Gift - what a wry, sweet read this one is. And enjoyed some browsing time in the City Library over Broken Song, an enormous bio of the man behind Chatwin's concept of Australian Aboriginal songlines, T.G. Strehlow, linguist and translator of Aranda legends and songs. And all this must be done.
I had a couple more posts this week to work on, but there's Gaddis to re-read and Cloud Atlas to start, and the contents of the Australian Film Institute research collection to savour when I volunteer there on Tuesdays. Found a great book on Eisenstein and Dostoyevsky there yesterday... So I'm going to save my links in a text file and hang up the hat for a few weeks, or maybe months. Thanks for visiting and commenting, and putting up with me practising.

2 comments:

Bud Parr said...

Sorry to see you go, but glad you are smart enough not to give in to this because it is unfortunately addictive and time consuming. Cheers!

edward parish said...

Please check in with us at samizdat in the yahoo groups(istanbul85@yaoo.com is the owner if want to join us) from time to time. We are not as demanding as our own blog schedules. Curious, what were the two books Eisenstein and Dostoyevsky you found? E-mail me if you wish namur97@yahoo.com
Was just getting to enjoy your blog, but I understand greatly. Please! stay in touch.
Your Dubya hating Yank....Ed :)